Need to change or delete a hasty review you’ve made on Amazon? You can do so from your account settings on a PC or mobile. This guide explains how.
Submitting a product review on Amazon lets you share your opinion on whether an item works as advertised or doesn’t meet your expectations. From reviewing a book to a PC, or something more intricate, you can let other customers know what you think.
There may come a time when you need to view, edit, and delete Amazon reviews, however. Perhaps you wrote a negative review in haste and want to change it to something positive. You might even become dissatisfied with a product after spending time with it and decide to update your review with extra detail.
Thankfully, you can quickly manage your Amazon reviews from your account page using the steps below.
View and Edit Amazon Reviews from the Desktop
Managing your Amazon reviews is easy from your PC or Mac.
Through the Amazon website, you can view, edit, or delete your product reviews. The service also allows you to hide reviews from your public profile, should you need to.
To view, edit, and delete Amazon reviews:
- Launch a browser, open the Amazon website, and sign into your account if you aren’t already.
- Hover over your profile name and select Account from the menu.
- Select the Your Amazon Profile link under the Ordering and Shopping section.
- You can view your product reviews on your Account page under the Community activity section on the right.
- Click the three-dot button next to a review.
- Select the action you want to take with the review—you can select the option to Edit, Delete, or Hide the review from your public profile.
- When you click Edit review, it will open to the Create Review page, where you can change the overall rating, headline, and written review. You can also add photos or videos to your review in this section.
- After making your revisions, click the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you want to remove a review, click the Delete review option.
- Click the Yes button when the verification message opens.
- To stop the review from displaying on your profile, select the Hide on my public profile option and select Show on my public profile to have it reappear. This can help you remember what you thought of something but don’t want to show it to the public.
How to Manage Amazon Reviews on Mobile
Managing your Amazon reviews isn’t limited to your PC, Mac, or Chromebook. You can also view, edit, or delete Amazon reviews from your phone or tablet while on the go.
To manage Amazon reviews from your mobile device:
- Launch the Amazon Shopping app on your Android, iPhone or iPad device.
- Tap the person icon in the bottom toolbar and sign in if needed.
- Tap your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Swipe down the screen to the Community activity section and find your needed review.
- Tap the three-dot button next to the one you want to manage.
- Select the Edit, Delete, or Hide option from the menu that appears at the bottom.
- Like the desktop version, you can change the product rating, title, review copy, and add photos or videos if you want.
- After making changes to your review, tap the Submit button.
- If you select to delete your review, tap the Yes button on the review screen that appears.
Managing Your Amazon Account
If you are looking for reviews you gave to products recently or years ago, Amazon makes it easy to find and edit them on your phone or computer. Having the ability to update or delete reviews is helpful for you and other shoppers.
If you have trouble signing in, check out our four fixes for a locked Amazon account. The service also allows you to create wish lists, and you can share an Amazon wish list so friends, family, or anyone knows what you hope to get as a gift.
You can also find an Amazon wish list or registry for someone if you need to find a gift. Amazon also makes it simple to manage other aspects of your account. For example, you might need to change your shipping address.